Monday 12 September 2011

Sorting

While visiting a student on placement a few weeks ago, I observed a similar activity to this one, set up in the play room.  I sat back and watched as children manipulated the tongs with one hand, or both, to pick up objects and place them in containers.  I reflected on the button sorting experience we introduced a few weeks ago, the children frequented the experience and obviously have a keen interest in sorting, classifying and organising objects.


L and C were drawn to the experience and quickly asked for more objects to be added.  Pom-Poms were added to enhance the play and add a little colour.




I'm really interested to see how this experience is explored, and I'm excited by the possibilities to extend and enhance the children's learning. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am so glad I found your blog.....you have so many wonderful ideas here. I share your passion about learning through play and started my blog just over 3 months ago!
    I look forward to following your fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete